Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I change to continuous page numbering across section…

How do I change...

How do I change to continuous page numbering across section breaks in mac word 2011. Right now, it shows new page numbers in each section.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Word?

Nor sure

3/9/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Please try these steps:

1. Create a COPY of your original document to secure it as a backup. Please work on the backup copy.
  2. Click on the top of the page of the second section where you want to connect the numbering to the first section. For example, if actual page 9 is the first page of the second section, the cursor should be on page 9.
  3. Click on the Insert menu
  4. In the Header and Footer group, click on the small down arrow for "Page Number" then on the drop down menu that opens, click "Format Page Number"
  5. In the dialog box that opens, under Page Numbering section, click on "Continue from previous section"
  6. Do the same for the rest of your sections to link the section to its previous sections.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you soooo much!

You're welcome. I am glad I was able to help.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist