Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Do I need Microsoft word to install a printer on my personal…

Customer Question
Do I need Microsoft...

Do I need Microsoft word to install a printer on my personal computer?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

I don't have Word now

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

This is a new (old) computer. Never had Word on it!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

If I have two computers. A desk and a laptop. Neither has Word on it now. (desk used to).

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

No, you do not need Microsoft Word to install a printer on your computer. Word and a printer have no relation to each other, beyond the fact that Word is one of many applications that you can print from. You can certainly install a printer without Word.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.