Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I'm about 26K words into a new novel, and without my doing…

Customer Question
I'm about 26K words...

I'm about 26K words into a new novel, and without my doing anything that I'm award of, WORD arranged all of my paragraphs alphabetically instead of the original random order. ie: all paragraphs beginning with '

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

It's new on a new computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/8/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

In Word, click on the home tab and then look under the Paragraph section and you see A and under it Z and a down arrow next to it.

There you can set it to sort the Paragraphs, choose to sort by Date and it should then correct this for you.

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried this without success

Do the paragraphs recognize at all when you do this?

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast