Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My computer was stolen several months ago. I was wondering…

My computer was stolen...

My computer was stolen several months ago. I was wondering if I would be able to use the same product key to reinstall on new computer.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

? I have a mac. I had installed it on a mac the first time i just bought a new one the other day

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

My first mac computer was stolen in September of last year. I just bought a new one this week. I tried to look for the email confirming my purchase but I can't find it. I don't remember which email address i used

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I may have purchased office in March or April of 2015

3/8/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Do you still have the product key of the MS Office that you installed on the stolen Mac?
  2. What version of MS Office are you trying to reinstall in the new Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. I do not have the product key
2. If I can recover my old product key, I will install what ever version I purchased

So the problem now is recovering the product key. Can you recall what version of MS Office you were referring to?

Also, have you checked your Microsoft account to see if your registered it and to retrieve the product key from there?

I would not like for you to connect.
If possible I would like to know where I would go for my product key since its not on this computer

You can only retrieve your product key if you registered it with a Microsoft account. Do you have a Microsoft account?

I don't think I created one when I bought the product key. Thank you for all your help.

You can check if you have a Microsoft account. Please use the link below:

www.account.microsoft.com

Then for the username, enter your email address, the one that you regularly use.

The enter any password. If it is a Microsoft account, it will tell you that the password ***** ***** If not, it will tell you that the account does not exist.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist