Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have written the following: ="The Work shall start no

I have written the...

I have written the following: ="The Work shall start no later than "&(Information!E6)&" and be performed by the Subcontractor in cooperation with other trades as rapidly as the pace of the construction permits and as directed by the Contractor to be completed by "&(Information!E7)&"""."

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

EXCEL

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Excel recently?

Can't say that I have.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really

3/7/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

what exactly is it you are asking?

I knew that it was incomplete and you would bed follow up. The information page is where all data is entered that the is used in the formulas that are scattered throughout the rest of the document. The data entered in both cell E6 and E7 used in this formula are dates written as: March 1, 2018. When entered into the sentence written as what I previously sent you writes out with the date in cell E6 (March 1, 2018) being 41360 and the date in cell E7 (December 6, 2018) being 43440.How do I adjust the formula/ formatting to have it show as dates?

it has to do with the formatting, if you want it in this specific format the date would have to be converted as followos

you would have to do it something like this

="this is some text " & TEXT(Information!E6,"mmmm") & " " & DAY(Information!E6) & ", " & YEAR(Information!E6) & " this is some more text"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

*** REMEMBER TO APPLY BONUS, THIS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AS IT IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING ***

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

did this make sense ?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager