Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Product Activation Required is the message I get when I try…

Product Activation Required is...

Product Activation Required is the message I get when I try to work with Excel or Word. I had not really been concerned before as I could work around it. However I have just been diagnosed with cancer and am in dire need of word and excel as well as e-mailing information I put together.
My name is***** and I can be reached at(###) ###-#### Could you please advise ASAP as to how this issue can be rectified. The message also indicates Product ID
02***-***-****106-48953 PS can you also confirm that my firewall has not yet expired. I believe the agent stated that they normally don’t advise clients, but because I requested to be notified of the renewal date he said he would
Thank youSent from Mail for Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When you right-click your Excel file, do you get the option to "Restore previous versions"?

Did not try just 1 sec

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't get any message

3/7/2018
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Did you purchase this microsoft office online ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

nowhwn o discovered i had no firewall, the trchnician had to remove everuthong and re-install after which my fireeall was re-installed and i paid for 3 or 4 years back in 2016 I believe A few werks later, i callef back because office had not beeb re-installed

We will go to firewall later so first let me know the answer to this question.

no i pirchased with my computet

Do you have the product key or key card or Microsoft office installation disc with you ?

John, Microsoft Office Specialist
ok do i need to do amything?

Another expert had accepted your remote support request so that expert will continue with you shortly.

Am I still receiving assistance or has everything been dropped?

The other expert haven't contacted you yet to provide remote assistance.

Do you know how long he will be I have radiation appointment this afternoon and cannot wait too long

In that case i will continue with you for now.

Which one do you have product key or key card or Microsoft office installation disc ?

it must be product key as everything was installed when the computer was first purchased
All was working as it should until the technician removed all files and re-installed

To activate Microsoft office you need to have either its product key or the microsoft account that is linked with Microsoft other wise we cannot activate it.

If you have the product key or microsoft account address that is linked with the microsoft office i can remote access to your computer and activate it for you so let me know.

if you check my file from I believe 2016or 2015 this is where the problem began as I was informed my firewall had not be renewed. I did not know at the time Your technicians were called and re-installed MS office but it never worked right

We do not have any record of this purchase.This is Justanswer not Microsoft also Microsoft wont call you regarding any of your computer issues including firewall issues.Windows 10 comes with a inbuilt firewall and anti-virus so you do not need to add any other Firewall to it.

I believe you got scammed by someone.

I did not scammed and I personally contacted Microsoft who connected me with the technician. I was told he had to remove everything on my computer and re-install as someone had attached themselves to my computer. The technician had my computer for over 4 hours. It was after he informed me everything was back that I realized he had not installed MS Office I called them back and they did re-install MS office, but ever since I have been getting the message about re-installation key which I do need to have fixed now. ASAP As I stated all was working well before Microsoft connected me to a technician to have everything re-installed
If I was scammed a second time it was by the technician Microsoft connected me with
Sorry first line should read yes I did get scammed which is when I contacted Microsoft directly and after they accessed my computer remotely is when they connected me with another technician

OK i understand but like i mentioned above you need to have the product key or microsoft account linked to microsoft office to activate it also i do not think microsoft will install another Firewall because they already know you have a firewall which is more than enough.

how do i find the a tivation key when everything was installed when first purchased

It has to be given to you by the store in a disc box or as a key card.I believe you do not have either of it?

When was this purchased ?

profuct ID 02***-***-****106-48953 woud this be the activation key?

Sorry to say no.

When did you purchase it ?

it is an acer laptop purchased byy hisnand as a Chridtmas gift 5 or 6 years ago
My husband purchased it as a Christmas gift about 5 or 6 years ago. It is obvious that I got screwed somewhere by one of the technicians Microsoft connected me today's Visa transaction as it is obvious you cannot help me. Have a good day

Without product key we cannot do anything about activation other that either purchase a new one or get a monthly or yearly subscription.If you want to do that i can help you with it.Let me know