Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

For some reason my Microsoft Word documents are protected,

For some reason my...

For some reason my Microsoft Word documents are protected, don't know how I did that, but now I can't open my email word documents. how do I fix this problem. The Microsoft Word Icon on Desktop now has arrows on it. Please help

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

Well, sometimes it says I can't save anything and go to C files etc and I don't know what that means.

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

It asks me to allow, so I allow and then nothing happens or opens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. Never had this problem before and I have no clue what I did to make this even happen. Can't open any attachments in email, all it says is allow and I allow and nothing happens.

3/7/2018
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

When was the last time ms word was working fine

2 days ago. Never had this problem before and I did something and don't know what I did. I believe it is a simple fix but I don't know how to fix it.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

What does that mean? Operating System?

do you have windows 7, 8, 10 or macos

I just got new computer a couple months ago and I believe it is the latest version

ok. thanks for letting me know

please follow the below steps

in the windows search box type winword /safe and press enter

let me know what happens

Where do I go to start micro soft word in safe mode by pressing the CTRL key. Tried the attachments doesn't work. Tried to unprotect the initial icon on desktop, doesn't work

since it was working fine 2 days back, we can run a system restore 2-3 days back when it was running fine

in the windows search box type rstrui and click on the rstrui run command option that comes in search results

it will open a system restore window

click next and then select a date 2-3 days back when word was running fine and clcik next

follow onscreen prompts to complete the restore

once the restore completes check ms word and let me know the status

you can open this chat page from just answer email by clicking on view response

i will suggest further accordingly

When I do the rstrui search, it doesn't say next. There are a bunch of sites to go to. Now what.

you are searching in the wrong place

press the windows key and S key together on keyboard

it will open the windows search box

type rstrui in that

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU. *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DESERVE A RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

michelleclive