Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a 1400+ page pdf that has data grouped and organized…

I have a 1400+...

I have a 1400+ page pdf that has data grouped and organized into columns and rows within it. I am trying to convert this into an excel file iso that I can sort the data. Also need to keep the data grouped. Ive tried 'convert to excel' option in adobe, doesnt come out in a form I can sort properly. Wondering if an expert can accomplish what I am trying to do here.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Purchased excel in February 2017, have not manually updated, how do I check to see if it has been auto updated?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

I have tried 'export to excel' out of Adobe

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything else

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/3/2018
yaccad
yaccad, Consultant
Are you able to post the pdf here?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ugh its saying file is too large. Its 8.67 mb. Its saying the cutoff is 5 mb.I uploaded it to a dropbox acct. Here's the link if that will work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3ec0m6i4d8m3o4/GLASSCOCK%20CAD%20MINERAL%20APPRAISAL%20ROLL.PDF?dl=0
Ok thank you. I’ll get back to you as soon as I take a look at it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. no rush. can wait till next week.
Thanks I’ll keep you posted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sounds good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey, took a look at it.
I think you did more than I could figure out how to do.
Still doesnt solve the problem though....
I'm looking to be able to sort it.I attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.
Basically I'm trying to be able to get it so that I can sort by "property description" and then by "value"Example in the screenshot - I'd want to be able to sort it so that all the owners of "T4S BLK 35 SEC 16" in the entire spreadsheet wouldnt be sorted by their names, but would be sorted by property, then sorted by their value in the property, so that I could basically see ok, here's the list of 50 owners in T4S BLK 35 SEC 16, Joe Blow's value is 5000, ***** *****s is 4900, down the list to Area Royalty Ltd who owns two positions in the property, one worth 1400 and one worth 410.
If not by value then by the RI in column F...Is there any way to do this with excel? Or would I just have to go down the list of these 1400 pages and separate them all by hand?Thanks for the speediness. Hopefully theres a way to do this in excel, otherwise it might be a long week lol
Let me know if you know a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do with this spreadsheet.
Thanks
Matt H
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hey btw - I can still pay you something for the effort. This thing is a *****

Hi yeah I realize it's not easy to sort even after the conversion because of the nature of the file. I manipulated the file in python and am uploading a new version that you can sort at the header. I hope this will make it somewhat more usable for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs50rp0d6vc3nwt/GLASSCOCK%20CAD%20MINERAL%20APPRAISAL%20ROLL%20-%20sortable.xlsx?dl=0

yaccad
yaccad, Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey. Messed around with it. Its something, def more than I could've done, but its sorta looking like the only way to be 100% accurate will be to go through page by page by hand. Part of the issue is how the data changes columns throughout the sheet. I figure youre right about it being due to the nature of the file. Wish I knew how to quickly put this in a searchable database or something in order to crank out what I'm trying to do with this data. Thanks for the effort.
yaccad
yaccad
yaccad, Consultant