Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My company gave me 5 minutes notice and changed my Windows 7…

My company gave me...

My company gave me 5 minutes notice and changed my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am old!!! Bad thing to do to me. I used to have some shortcuts for words in Word. i.e. W1 = Wildhorse Resort and Casino. How do I get to that area? Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

It was in Word

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Word recently?

They took my computer (IT), downloaded Windows 10 and now my old shortcuts don't show up., Not a clue!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Take it easy on the old broad!!! :)

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. If you click on the start button on the bottom left you should see your applications.

So if you see word right click on it and choose send to desktop

OK done

Did you get your icon back on the desktop?

I'd be happy with a directional 'list' of how to get there.Open Word
Choose blank
type in shortcut

Click Start on bottom left or you can even use the search box on the bottom left and search for you programs

Any time you see a program in the search result or listed under all applications right click it and choose send to desktop

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I don't have time to go back and forth, answer my phone, talk to people coming in my office, I'd just like a simple cheat sheet on how to type W1, but have Wildhorse Resort and Casino type out. Thank you,

Type out where, in your web browser? Remember I never saw your previous configuration and windows can be configured in any 1 of hundreds of ways.

Thank you and never mind.
Patrick Evans

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to justanswer.com I can help you with your word problem Do you know what version of word you are now using?

This sounds like you are looking to use Words Autocorrect feature. Attached is a screen capture of the autocorrect in use. I am not sure which version of word you are using You can google "autocorrect word 2010" for specific instructions based on your version. the general path is Word Options--> Proofing--> autocorrect

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Please remember to rate my answer as I strive to provide 5 star service to all my justanswer.com customers.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick! Auto correct is the path I was looking for! Appreciate you and the help of Chis L!

Glad I could help. Please remember to rate my response.

Patrick Evans