Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am getting messages telling me to put in my email and

I am getting messages...

I am getting messages telling me to put in my email and password ***** connect my email on outlook as it normally does. (I have a suddenlink.net account and a google account in Outlook). It is a circular thing where google asks for information, i put it in...it doesn't work...i went further and changed password (as it says someone else is trying to log in) and it still doesn't work. I went to Best Buy, they said to talk to Suddenlink - my service provider and suddenlink said to talk to you. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Outlook file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No, I know that is available but it isn't something I use (at least I don't think so...tech savvy I am not ...but feel fairly certain about that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of to even ask tell :)

2/12/2018
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Can we do a remote session to fix this?

is their an additional charge?
I just sent you a file explaining it in detail

You need to allow access to less secure apps, and review devices by logging into www.gmail.com (from there), unblock this computer from accessing imap.

But allowing access to less secure apps makes it unsafe and google says someone is trying to log into my account. So why is that the suggestion if the whole purpose is because someone is trying to log into my account - can you explain?
Or can I specify just this computer?

Google is making it technically difficult.

Google considers Outlook to be an insecure app.

The only other way to fix this is to setup app specific password, meaning every app connected to this account will have its own password.

Practically, it's not possible for anyone to break into this account with phone verifications, location detections etc, anyway so in my opinion it is still secure with the less secure apps being turned on.

Alternativey, app specific password. It is your choice, if i were you i would keep this simple because i know that it isn't possible to break into my account even with less secure apps turned on.

My answer is incomplete and you are asking me to rate you?

Not asking you to rate me.

Did you read my response above?

If you specifiy just this computer, that would mean "app specific password", if app specific password ***** ***** on, then every app that connects to this gmail account will have its own password.

Phones, Tablets, etc..

Ok I will try your suggestion of allowing less secure aps if my husband agrees thanks.

Great, with allowing access you also need to unblock this computer from Google.

Google probably warned you about your own computer trying to access and blocked it because Google thinks Outlook is insecure.

That's hilarious and maddening all at once. Hopefully I can get this done Do I go someplace else to unlock this computer or is that in the same place I allow access?

When you go to your account profile, you should see an option to Review Devices, in there you will see the blocked devices, you have to click each of the blocked device and choose the option "this was me"

Ok thank u.

Welcome.

Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist