Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Had office on w 10. lost it all to restore. now I want

Had office on w...

Had office on w 10. lost it all to restore. now I want office back but don't have a clue what my office key is. help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hpdesktop, model p7-1020

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Did the restore about 6-8 days ago. the restore came up with the original windows 7. have attempted several times to wlk through it on lin, but ran out of time or patience each time. BTW also cannot talk to printer anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear. but the printer is hardwired

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

To install printer with the computer tools. never can get my printer to show up for selection. the office issue I have tried to put in what I thought was maybe my key code, but no workee.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want office and to print in the versions and abilities I had before

why do I have to subscribe to a monthly fee service to get answers when the whole problem was caused by yet another ms upgrade that blew edge, then explorer?
anyone there?
1/20/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

It is not necessary to subscribe the service, it is just what the site expects :)

what are we doing?

Are you experiencing the same or similar thing? Just had a Windows update then notice your existing Office was removed and probably a new Office copy has been installed but no product key is provided? Then Microsoft is asking you to buy their Office subscription service?

I don't understand the bboa question. why is my phone messaging with each entry here?
I had w 10, ms office home and office version. lost edge in windows update ( for the 3rd or 4th time) the lost explorer too. tried to restore to day before and lost everything. the tried system recovery...got old original windws 7 with no office and no contact to printer usb connected, that's the deal. what can you do for me?
I just lost my original office key info.

> I don't understand the bboa question.

Never mind. What I said was just recent similar cases of other customers of mine. It may be not applicable for your case.

> got old original windws 7 with no office and no contact to printer usb connected, that's the deal. what can you do for me?

Do you actually mean you W10 was downgraded or restored back to W7?

not by ms. after the umpteenth time I lost edge due to an upgrade by ms, I was just using explorer. then explorer wouldn't work either. so I tried to restore to the day before the last upgrade. came up really screwed and would not boot up. then I did a system restore to try to boot up and that resulted in the old original w 7 and no office and no printer recognition. that's where I am now. does that make sense now?

I see, it does make sense. A remote session is required to fix the things.

im game. what do we need to do?

Just please request remote assistance session from your side. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please click HERE to start a remote desktop session with me.

Oh, sorry my Windows PC is disconnected. Won't be long.

no

All done. Office issue determined (system restored, not deleted), office solution suggested, printer configured during the remote session.