Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Micorsoft Word is not working. Early December. I have had…

Micorsoft Word is not...

Micorsoft Word is not working.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Early December

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I have had the problem before and work with a tech from Just Ans and it was fixed (i think in October) then in early December I worked with an Apple tech with mostly photo, i photo, and storage. During that time Microsoft Word stopped working. Apple tech told me to contact you. Holiday travel happened and I am just now getting to the problem. I have used the Microsoft Reporting Error to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at this time.

1/17/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

When you attempt to open Word, what happens? Are you given any type of error message?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get the Microsoft Reporting Error. when I click on send it runs a test but does nothing.

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Fix Payment" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have attempted to fix payment, but can't navigate the system. Previously charged $5.00 on this credit card to get started and it was accepted, so I don't know what to do.

Did you contact your bank or credit card company and tell them to allow the charge?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I just used this card with just And and it was not declined. Should I use a different card

You can use a new card or you can do as I suggested and call them so that you can tell them to unblock the payment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get alerts from my bank if my credit card is questioned. I have not had any alerts from cc or banks. I used your services in early November and it seeThe credit card company just informed that Just Answer charge of $42.00 has been approved and added to my card. Also, the $5.00 previous charge. Next steps please.

Do you see a button that says "Accept Offer" or a button that says "Fix payment info"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I saw the Update payment info and it wants me to edit the account and buy new products.

No, you don't see either of those buttons?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
According to Chase credit card my account has been charged and the payment went through. I did see the accept offer and clicked on it so I assumed the payment went through and it did, but now I am getting the Payment error message.

You clicked on the accept offer, but it didn't go through because your bank or credit card company blocked it. After you contacted them and told them that it was okay, you can click the button again to okay the payment. That is what the page is waiting for.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I go to find that page

On this page, do you see the accept offer button or the fix payment info button? I imagine that you see the "Fix Payment Info" button. Now that the block is removed, you must fill out the payment info once more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On this page, I do not see accept offer button or the fix payment info button I see update payment info. When I click on that red window it wants me to edit my credit card information.

My apologies. Click the "Update Payment Info" button. Re-enter your credit card information, save that information, come back to this page, and click the Accept Offer button that will appear.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 89
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at General and it wants a password. I am clueless what password ***** it want.

It is asking for your Mac login password. That is the password ***** enter to log into your Mac when you turn it on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is asking me to change password.

Okay, stop there.

DO you know what password ***** enter when you turn the Mac on? That is the password ***** is asking for.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that and clicked to unlock screen. Can't find the open anyways thing

Oh okay.

In that case, try again.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security
- Click the "General" tab

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't find open anyways tab
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are not making much progress. I have been at this for near an hour or more and we are not even in the system. When Bryan helped me in early Nov it was not this complex. also when I work with tech from apple last month it was not this complicated to connect screens. Can we do something different?

I have remotely connected scores of thousands of times with no problem. I agree that it should be this difficult.

On the page where you should see the open anyways button, what do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What page should I see the open anyways button?

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security
- Click the "General" tab

ON that page, what do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I click on advanced in the general tab window it gives me another window but it does not have open anyway on it. I have never used open anyway so I don't know what it is or what it looks like.

I am not sure what you are looking at.

What words do you see on the window?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see 3 choices: log out after minutes of inactivity. Requires an administrator Peace to access systemsWide preferences. And disable remote control infrared receiver. Under the last one it has This computer will work with any available remote and a window wit Pair. The a blue button for okay. I tried to send a photo but I guess it didn't go through.

That means you are on the wrong page.

On the top of that page, click the "Show All" button or click the back arrow key. After you do that, continue below:
- Click Security
- Click the "General" tab

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Security is Securiy and Privacy. In that same bar is General I have clicked on that and it is different subject. When I click on Security it gives me a window with General in a bar with FileVault firewall and privacy. Does that seem like the correct page. I am lost for sure

That is the correct page. On the General page, what do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see the bar with General, Filevault, Firewall, Privacy. Under that I see the password ***** Under that 3 choices--none of them open anyway. at the bottom and unlock thing which I have done with a password. there is a search window and I have tried searching for open anyway. to no avail. Where is the "show all" button

What three choices do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Require pw after sleep or screensaver begins: show message when screen is locked: disable automatic login

That means that you are not on the right page.

Click the "Show All" button or the left arrow button.

After you do that, you should see more icons. There do you see the Security icon?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't seem to get past General. Can't find open any.. to continued
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After almost three hours my computer has slowed down to a ball spinning. I clicked on what i thought was the show all button and it had a drop down menu that didn't show anything different. I clicked in the left arrow and The System Preference is now reduced to a single bar and I can't find anything--everything has disappeared. I am fatigued from this project and have to go get my car. In the past both Just And and apple tech sent me a link to email and I downloaded it and we were connected quickly. I am trying to be patient with this process but I am worse off than when I started. I can no longer work on this today. Please advise next steps.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got System Preferred back so that I can view it. It doesn't change anything when I click on left arrow.

Which icons do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Top row: General,desktop dick mission control language security &privacy spotlight notifications

Okay, great. Click the icon that says "Security & Privacy". Now what do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see the General etc described in the text sent at 4:30. I have to go get my car. I regret that we did not advance to getting my Microsoft word problem resolved. Just Answer was the answer in Nov but not today. Waste of money and time. As an empath I am sorry for you to. Peace be with you.

We can continue at your choice of time. Thank you.

Good morning,

Please, post a message on this page when you are ready to continue.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am ready to start.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 43

Are you having any problems running the remote application?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on step 4 and I clicked on open. It is showing an alert sign near the house looking thing

You are trying to run the remote program on your iPhone or iPad for some reason. Please, run it on your Mac computer.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My microsoft word stop working in less than 24 hours.

What happens now when you try and open Word?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have time to work on the Micro Word problem this afternoon. When I try to open word or print a document from word it gives me the Microsoft Reporting Error.. Same problem as before.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same problem as beforehand

May I remotely connect again right now and solve the problem?

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 30

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help and patience

You are most welcome. Thank you for your time and patience as well.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician