Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I was just speaking with a tech support person about my

I was just speaking...

I was just speaking with a Bell tech support person about my computer data usage, which is mysteriously going over my pre-determined plan for 4 months now. He seems to think that Windows 10 is trying to download unsuccessfully and using up gigs at very odd times of the early morning hours. He said that Microsoft can help me to "tell" my computer to stop trying to do this.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

I don"t know what you mean

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No...I barely use it, only for email and looking things up

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My computer, a lap top

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just asking people who know more about computers than I do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to get to the bottom of this issue because I can't afford all this extra money I'm paying

1/17/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Which version of windows are you currently using?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You just need to set updates to not download automatically.

I can tell you how or do it for you if I know which version of windows you have.

I don't know how to do this

Did you want me to connect to your computer and do it for you? If so accept the offer I sent through.

Chris L., Support Specialist

Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

Is this issue resolved then?

Yes I turned off the automatic downloads for windows. That should help in you going over your data limit. One other thing I suggest you do is shut the computer down at night or when not in use. If you continue to have data issue problems reply to me here and I can look into further.

Chris L., Support Specialist