Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

A few months ago I began getting a message when closing any…

A few months ago...

A few months ago I began getting a message when closing any Word (version 14.7.7)document: "Word Could Not Fire Event." I am running on a Mac, OS 10.11.6. I following the suggestion from the chat room about removing the endnote, but that folder is empty.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Can;t think of anything.

1/17/2018
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If u could send to my email, that would be best. Thx

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

When did this start please?

Don’t want secure connect

When did this start please?

A few months ago. Maybe October 2017. No sure tho. Lots of people in the chat rooms seem to be having this problem.
Are you still there????

Yes, Please uninstall microsoft office from your Mac, Restart and reisntall it, If the problem persists please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

How do I uninstall and reinstall? I don't remember how I got the program. CD or Download.

Do you have the microsoft office installation disc ?

I just looked and can't find one.

Did you bought your Office from microsoft website please?

I think I got it from the school where I teach.

Is it possible to get the CD or the installation files from your school again ?

I retired. Is there any fix without uninstalling?

Please try removing temporary files from your computer, download and install ccleaner from : https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-mac

once you install it, please open it, uncheck (internet history) then click on run, Once you run that and delete everything, please restart your Mac and re-open word.

Hope this works

Thank you

Can I get back to you in about 2 hours with this link? I have a meeting now.

Yes of course, let me when you're available.

Thank you

Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other
Is the free version of the program sufficient? *** I inadvertently check the "secure remote assistance" How can I undo that so I won't be charged???

Please contact our customer support so they cancel the "secure remote assistance" charges

Thank you

Thanks. Is the Free version of Cleaner sufficient?

You are welcome, Yes .

Ok. I'll get back to you after I do this.

Okn, Take your time

Did not work. Fire Message when I close the file.

Do you have a gmail account ?

I also have a me.com or iCloud.com account.

unfortunately you'll need to reinstall Office, please Follow the instructions provided by EndNote to resolve this issue: http://endnote.com/kb/117573

If you can't find the installation disc or you can't get it from your school, please order from : https://products.office.com/fr/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac

If you want to use a free program/tools please use one of the option below :

Libreoffice for Mac : https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/?type=mac-x86_64

Google Docs : docs.google.com

Let me know if you need further assistance and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

In Word 2011 I created a "Work Menu" and do not want to lose it. I forget how I created it. Do you know how to do that so I can recreate it after resolving this issue with a new program?

Please follow the step by step instructions in the link below:

https://www.hightechdad.com/2012/05/04/how-to-create-a-work-menu-like-office-20042008-in-microsoft-word-2011-for-mac/

Hope this helps

Thank you

Terrific. Also: (1) the site you referred to (https://products.office.com/fr/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac) is in French. Is it the Microsoft site, or another? (2) I don't seem to have an uninstaller for Word.

Please click on this one : https://products.office.com/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac

To uninstall Office for Mac 2011 move the applications to the Trash. Once you've removed everything, empty the Trash and restart your Mac to complete the process.

Thank you