Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I beieve the OCR is available in Windows 10 or Word 2016.

Customer Question
Second opinion] I beieve...

Second opinion] I beieve the OCR is available in Windows 10 or Word 2016. How do I activate it? Bob

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update ACR?

ACR?? I meant OCR.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ACR?

What is ACR?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/18/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

OCR is NOT a built-in feature of Windows 10, nor for Word 2016.

However, if you have Office 2016, one of its component is OneNote, it does have OCR support to extract text from pictures or file printouts. See below for details. Thanks.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/extract-text-from-pictures-and-file-printouts-by-using-ocr-in-onenote-93a70a2f-ebcd-42dc-9f0b-19b09fd775b4