Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I beieve the OCR is available in Windows 10 or Word 2016.

Customer Question
I beieve the OCR...

I beieve the OCR is available in Windows 10 or Word 2016. How do I activate it? Bob

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update ACR?

ACR?? I meant OCR.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ACR?

What is ACR?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/17/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-7rc11nrp,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please follow these steps to turn on the OCR feature in Microsoft Office. This has worked for earlier versions of office through Office 365, so likely it will work on your Office version.

Step 1 – Go to the ‘Add or Uninstall Program’ in Microsoft Windows, select ‘Microsoft Office’ from the list.
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Change’ button

Step 3 – Check the ‘Add or Remove Features’ button
Step 4 – Click on ‘Continue’

Step 5 – In the following dialog box, select ‘Office Tool’ > ‘Microsoft Office Document Imaging’ > ‘ Scanning, OCR and Indexing Service Filter’ and under the drop down list choose ‘run from computer’.
Step 6 – Proceed with the installation by clicking the ‘Continue’ button

Wait for the installation and when the installation is successful, you will see a success message.

Please reply and let me now if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Microsoft Office Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert