Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Publisher just shut down and I lost all of my work! Any way…

Customer Question
Publisher just shut down...

Publisher just shut down and I lost all of my work! Any way to reclaim?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Microsoft Publisher

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Publisher recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/17/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted..

What version of office do you use??Can you reopen your publisher?

1. Go to the start menu and type in "run"
2. Open up "run"
3. Type in %temp%

Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer, find a recent file with the pub prefix, change the .tmp extension to .pub, try opening the file.

Look to see if you can see your files. Waiting for your feedback or a rating