Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need to reduce my spreadsheet to only the entries I put in…

I need to reduce...

I need to reduce my spreadsheet to only the entries I put in one of my columns

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Excel spreadsheet

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Excel recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

1/16/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Can you attach a sample spreadsheet here, or would you prefer remote assistance?

Here is the file.
I would like to know how to reduce the file so it just shows the highlighted rows.

Hi, you can sort or filter by color - to do this, highlight all cells then click Data > Sort, and a Sort dialog box will appear.

Then click Sort by drop down list, select the data that you sort, and then click Values drop down list, chose Cell color, then click no cell color drop down list, select the color you would like on top.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Expert

To start the remote session, go to:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f077fa94-2bfb-4b29-a74c-36a05dd089d6

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.