Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My Word doc has a black dot in the red circle on top LH

Customer Question
My Word doc has...

My Word doc has a black dot in the red circle on top LH corner. it seems to be locking it so I can not open the doc. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Not sure what you mean by program. the WORD document that is open in front of me does not respond to mouse

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

It has my material on the page. I can't scroll, etc.it wont budge; wont respond to mouse

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I don't want to lose the doc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/14/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Word. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

When did this start and is it the only doc?

What version of Word are you using?

How old is that doc (just made it, a few weeks, months etc)

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Microsoft Office Technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 6 months ago

Did you need further help? If so, leave me a message and will reply by tomorrow morning.