Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I shrink the size of a flyer? It prints in the middle…

Customer Question
How do I shrink...

How do I shrink the size of a flyer? It prints in the middle of 2 pages.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Flyer?

New, it was sent from a friend

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Flyer?

There are % at the top, I've down to 20% and it still prints the same size

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi Gary,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please tell me what program the flyer file is in, for example, Word, Publisher, etc.? Then we can go to the next step.

Publisher

You can adjust this in the printer settings once you tell the flyer to print. It depends on your printer, what you have to click. When you click on print and your printer dialog box comes up, there is usually an option for either page setup, advanced, or similar. You have to find the menu that allows you to select paper size and change it to a smaller size.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri

The printer is not the problem, I want the flyer itself smaller

Ok, so you don't want that same flyer just to print smaller on a page, such as on a single sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper, but the flyer prints 5 x 7 in the middle of the page? Another option then would be from within Publisher, do this:

• Select the Page Design tab.
  • In the Page Setup group, select Size and click the icon that represents the page size that you want. For example, click Letter 8.5 x 11 or smaller.

I hope that helps.

No, no matter what size I make it it prints on 2 pieces of paper

Try this

• In the page, design tab, size, page setup try changing the settings for the width to 8.5”, and the height to 5.5 for half page and width 8.5 and height 11 for letter size.

OR

• To change the print margins and the horizontal and vertical gaps, do the following:

Click File > Print.

Under Settings, click One page per sheet, and then choose Multiple copies per sheet in the list.
Click Layout Options, and then adjust the margins and gaps.

and another option is to do this:

To change the print margins and the horizontal and vertical gaps, do the following:
Click File > Print.

I am giving you several options to try in advance because I have to step out of the office for approx. 30-40 mins. Upon my return, I will check in on your question to see your reply and go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I already tried those things. I need to leave for work right now. I'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks for updating me. If none of those solutions worked, I will opt out and give other Technicians the opportunity to help you as I am out of ideas.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Microsoft Office Technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. I believe I can fix this but would need to connect your machine to see how the printer is set up. I can also do some troubleshooting there to fix it relatively quick as well. Let me know your thoughts and when you're free for this. Thanks!