Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

In November, I received Microsoft Office 365 as a birthday…

Customer Question
In November, I received...

In November, I received Microsoft Office 365 as a birthday gift. When I couldn't get it to load, I contacted a technical service for Microsoft that I pulled off my Yahoo. They went through a long dissertation about how I had screwed up the installation. He stated that my purchase number on the scratch-off card was now of no use and he said he would give me a new one and help me install the product for $199. At that point I realized he was a scammer told him I was looking for help not someone to cheat me out of $200. He hung up on me. I need help; my wife gave good money for the product and as of today, I don't' have Word, Excel or anything to use. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Yahoo from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My internet connection is great; fiber optic through our electric company.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

NO.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/9/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast

Do you still need help with this issue?

I am still needing the help.
Ok let's try to do with the online conversation.
Forget it! I have re-entered my credit card information three times during this attempt to get some HELP!