Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I remove line numbers from a document that was

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove line numbers from a document that was forwarded to me?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

I THINK it’s Ms Word 365 for iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I’m 79 years old and need to talk to someone with a great deal of patience.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/9/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 6 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This morning is the first time I opened the document
  1. On the View menu, click Print Layout.
  2. Select the text that you want to number.
  3. On the Layout tab, under Text Layout, click Line Numbers, and then click More Line Numbering.
  4. On the Apply to pop-up menu, click Selected text.
  5. Click Line Numbers.

More items...

There is no such option as Print Layout. This is an iPad.
The options under Knew are Ruler, One Page and Page width.
The options under Lauout are Margins, Orientation, Size columns and Page Breaks
Excuse me. The word ‘Knew’ should be ‘View’
Microsoft Office Technician: jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Can you see a small down arrow near to Page Breaks on Layout? If so click on that arrow and look for the option Line Number.

Regards
Jins