Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have set a spreadsheet password that I have lost. can you…

Customer Question
I have set a...

I have set a spreadsheet password ***** I have lost. can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Office 365 Excel

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Excel recently?

I can't remember when

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/7/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 3 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

was the entire workbook passworded, or just a single sheet within it that was locked?

Single sheet

ok, I can help you

can you send me your file?

I replied and attached the file

never saw the file

can you try agian?

i cant see the file

How do I attach a file to your messages the convetional doesn’t seem to work. I attached and sent to another email just fine.

ok, try a website like sendspace.com

upload the file then they give you a download link

paste that link here.

Here is the file I am trying to get the pw disabled

ok, the entire workbook is passworded and encypted, I cannot open it, If I cannot open it there is nothing I can do.

I thought you said it was just a single sheet within the file that was passworded, that I could have dealt with

so under these circumstances I cannot do anything sorry

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager