Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Forgot my password for my microsoft surface computer and…

Customer Question
Forgot my password *****...

Forgot my password ***** my microsoft surface computer and need to reset

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Just trying to login into the surface

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just did

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/6/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 6 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is the model of your Microsoft Surface please ? eg : Surface 3

Ok

What is the model of your Microsoft Surface please ?

Not sure but was the original after they first came out. Have not used it in quite a while and forgot the password ***** open the computer

You can find out the model by lifting the kickstand on the back of the tablet and peeking underneath.

Let me know please

Thank you

Windows RT 64GB
it says this site cannot be reached
If I do this am I going to lose all of my settings on my email account. My company email account was difficult to set up and would not want to go through that again.

Unfortunately a reset reinstalls Windows and apps that came installed on your Surface, also All of your personal files will be deleted, and your settings will be reset.

any other way to do this without losing all of my information?

yes it is possible to reset it without losing your data, you will need the a USB recovery :

If you have not created a USB recovery drive before, you can create one as soon as you have a USB more than 16 Go :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023512/surface-creating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive

Turn off your Surface and make sure it is charging power.

Plug the USB recovery drive into your Surface.

Press and hold the volume-down button, while press and release the power button. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.

When the green screen comes up, select the language and keyboard layout for your Surface.

Select "Troubleshoot", and then tap on "Reset your PC".

If get the prompt that asks for a recovery key, select "Skip this drive" at the bottom of the screen, select the Windows you want to restore and then tap on "Yes" to continue.

Repartition the drivers, follow the instructions on the screen to do, your Surface will restart and begin to restore.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Let me know the results please

Thank you