Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a DELL Inspiron one running Windows 10. Outlook 2003…

Customer Question
I have a DELL...

I have a DELL Inspiron one running Windows 10. Outlook 2003 no longer runs since recent widows upgrade. I have purchased Windows Office 365. Do I need to save the previous Office 2003 documents before installing 365?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

Never as far as I know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/6/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Please, post a message here when you are ready to begin.

When you upgrade to Office 365, it will not touch any of your documents. You will be able to use the documents in Office 365 without completing any additional instructions.

As far as Outlook 2003 goes, the email data files will not be automatically transferred when you upgrade to Office 365. Are you wanting to update Outlook 2003 to 365 also or do you simply want to fix the problem with Outlook 2003?

update

The instructions for updating from Office 2003 to 365 may be a bit confusing. Are you familiar with how Office works in the background with PST data files and what not?

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.