Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Am trying to activate Microsoft office after updating Word.

Customer Question
Am trying to activate...

Am trying to activate Microsoft office after updating Word. It keeps saying that my Apple ID or password ***** ***** but I double checked and it is correct. I logged out, reset my password, restarted the computer, and still no dice.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just changed it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I went there and reset it at the Apple site.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried out my ID and password ***** downloading something from App Store, and it worked,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/6/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

I am still prevented from opting for the $6.99 monthly plan because a dialog box keeps popping up saying that either my user name or password ***** ***** recognized. I've checked and double checked and re-entered a few dozen times to no avail. I went to app store and bought an app and app store recognized my Apple ID. Can't figure this out. I am in the midst of transferring a big block of data to a two tb external drive, so my 2.8 GHz iMac running El Capitan is running a tad slow.

When it popups up the user name and password ***** Does it show the correct email address?

No, it is ASKING for my Apple ID (my email address) When I enter it, and my password, it tell me that ONE of them is not recognized, but doesn't stipulate WHICH!!

99.9% of the time, it is the password.

When I try to activate Word 365 for Mac, I get a window with a "start your free month" button. The next window, I hit the button for the $6.99 a month option. When I enter my apple ID and password, I get a pop up that reads "An unexpected error occurred while signing in. The Apple ID you enertered cound't be found or your password ***** incorrect. Please try again." Okay, I tried again over twenty times. No cigar.
I write for a living. I absolutely need to have my word processor working again. Truthfully, I would rather have the old version back, since I am too old to try learning a whole new system.

Did you try resetting the password?

I reset the password, and tested it out by buying an app.
I reset it on all five of my Apple devices.
Is there any way to dump this new version, and go back to the old one? The older version is still on my MacBook Air. I don't need all the bells and whistles, and I have never used any of the other stuff in Office. I just need to type and correct manuscripts on Word, and the simpler the process the better. I've never missed a deadline in four decades of writing for Marvel and DC, and I've got a half-finished script I need to get out the door. Am I better off just buying Word as a set of disks at a physical store and reloading? Or is there a way to pay by credit card that bypasses Apple ID??
I have to walk the dog now in bloody 9 degree weather, but I will be back here at 9:30 PM EST.
Hello?? I never got anything close to a real answer or resolution to my problem. Is this some sort of bait and switch where my old version of Word is made obsolete and I am forced to buy a whole new version? I really don't care about the monetary outlay, I absolutely NEED to have any version of Word up and running again.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

I thought this was Microsoft! I went to the Microsoft site, went to tech support, and that led me here.
It says on the Microsoft tech support page that a "Microsoft technician" will answer my questions at Just Ask. I wasted a whole day here, based on a LIE. So, HOW do I actually get support from Microsoft???
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast