Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have created a document in Word 2016, saved it and then…

Customer Question
I have created a...

I have created a document in Word 2016, saved it and then sent it to a colleague via Outlook. Colleague uses Word 365. The doc he receives comes out as bold

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No. I saved it on my desktop - as always. This is a new problem. I have office for Mac btw

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/5/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 6 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send me an example file?

Are you saying this happens with every file you send to every person?

I can’t send you the particular document as (1) it is covered by attorney-client privilege, and (2) it looks fine on my computer. The recipient is the one receiving the odd result
I’m going to create a new non- privileged document to send him. If it, too, is bad he will pdf it and send it back. May take a few minutes
Here is a non-privileged sample

i looked at your document. It is not all in bold, are you saying that if you send the same document you sent to me to somebody else it is all bold

I am awaiting his response to the test doc. It did not happen with a different 50+ page document, so far just the one memo
Just heard back from him: i gadcut/pasted the text of the original, problematic memo into a new blank doc. He says the problem remains.

did you try sending the original document to anyone else. seeing if they have the same issue.

this is how we have to troubleshoot, it is often difficult when it involves someone else.

I did not, as it was an unapproved draft. I will ck if i can send it to another person in out firm

ok, that would be the next step, we need to determine if it is your computer, or the person who is recieving it that has the problem

I’m awaiting an answer
From the recipient, i mean

okey, Ill check back later then