Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have had word on my MacPro for 4 years without an issue.

Customer Question
I have had word...

I have had word on my MacPro for 4 years without an issue. Today it keeps crashing. no idea why. help please

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Last week we did an update to the entire computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

What should i know to ask? It is snowing here hard and there is a bad wind blowing.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/4/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Which version of Office/Word, e.g. 2008, 2011, are you using please?

Word for Mac 2011 Version 14.7.3
I would rather not have you come onto my computer yet.
Are you still there?

Yes, I was typing up further steps but you don't seem to have time to wait. Opting out for other experts.

Really!
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> Today it keeps crashing.

Can you please clarify that kind of crash it was? The whole system was frozen there or just a specific application such as Word stopped working? Please clarify. Thanks.

just word. Each time i started a new document and went to copy sometihing from the desk top it would close down. i updated all the office updates today. trying to see if it is ok. Tried to find the autorecovery file but could not see it.
Other office programs were fine. I emptied the trash as well
Now my excel is closing as i try to bring in something from the desktop
Are you still helping me?

Yes. I just started a new day. We are in different time zones and sorry about the delay.

As per your description, a remote assistance session is required. Can you please request it from your side? Thanks.