Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I need help with a merge document. Where do I find the

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with a merge document

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Where do I find the version?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which software or app can I help with?

Im not sure which version of Word that I have

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 Version 1711

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have the data file yet. I just typed a very rough draft of a letter with the fields I will need to insert.
1/3/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

Can you please be more specific about what you are trying to do with the document?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a gated homeowner community with 130 homeowners. Each homeowner has their own codes and phone numbers connected to their account. I am drafting a generic letter that will go to each homeowner with their own personal address, codes and phone numbers. I am working on a data file that will have all of these fields in them for each homeowner. I would like to merge the data with the generic letter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not ready to do this yet, so connecting with my device will not help.
Microsoft Office Technician: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

I'll work on this with random data and post back when ready with your answer.

Regards,

G

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you George. I have done merge documents in the past but it's been several years. I'm sorry I didn't have all of my information together when I contacted you. With some good general instructions, I think I can do this. I don't want you to think we will have to start from scratch on this. Thanks again in advance.

Please download and try it.

I just have the name, address and telephone for a start

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
George, I have a bad case of the flu and had to go home sick. I'm so sorry. Is there any way I can look at this tomorrow and still have contact with you?

I am sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

No prob you can post a feedback anytime after testing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You! I'm going to bed now. :-(

I trust all is well now

You may drop me a message if there is anything more I can do on this request or if the example files did not fully resolve your issue.

Regards,

G

George Sibiya
George Sibiya