Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I exited a document I chose not to save. can I retrieve the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I exited...

Second opinion] I exited a document I chose not to save. can I retrieve the work I had

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft word

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1/2/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

There is a possibility that the content is saved in a temporary file, and it is also possible that the temp file can be removed shortly if you keep using Word.

So, if you really want to get it back by any chance, please stop using any Office program, and request a remote desktop session. Thanks.