Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Microsoft Word and Publisher have stopped working. A box…

Customer Question
Microsoft Word and Publisher...

Microsoft Word and Publisher have stopped working. A box comes up saying to wait while the problem is reported to microsoft. Then the box freezes so I have to bring up Task Manager to close it, and Word or Publisher goes away too. Sometimes it asks if I want to open in safe mode but then that freezes also.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

I don't know anything about updating it. I have a permanent version, not a hire it for a year one.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I have tried to open it and I have tried to get in through a document. It won't open my documents either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Is Excel program currently working fine?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

A couple of days ago
Windows 10

Why does this keep asking me for money? Is this a scam
No one has ever asked me for money for remote assistance before.
I think this is a scam, so I'm out of here.

Please ignore that. We have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?

We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

I've never used excel.
I already sent $5 by paypal and then you keep asking for more and more money. Something is very wrong about that.

Sorry, please ignore that. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb9v8zce
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

No, I'm too scared to remotely connect now because I think it's a scam. Goodbye.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

You have charged my Paypal account $65. I did not authorise this. I only authorised a $5 "fully refundable" amount. Give back my money. i do not trust this service. I have been charged for something I have not received and did not ask for.