Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I moved to a new iMac and my licensed version of MS Office…

Customer Question
I moved to a...

I moved to a new iMac and my licensed version of MS Office 2011 no longer works. Its asking for a product key which I no longer have. Can you provide me one?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

High SDierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

JUst got the new iMac a few days ago. The MS Office 2011 icon is in the Applications folder.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you. Just need a key.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/31/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Was Office 2011 pre-installed on your old computer, or do you have an installation disk for it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I just bought a new iMac, transferred all my date from my MacBook Air but can't open MS Office 2011
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It asks for a product key which I no longer have.

I see; Office 2011 will no longer work properly on newer Mac OS versions so even if we were to recover the product key, it wouldn't be of much help. Instead, I can connect to your screen and install Office 2016 without you having to pay to purchase it. Thanks; let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For security reasons I prefer not to go this route. Can you send me a key that I can use to open a trial version?

Sorry; there's no key available for a trial version. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> my licensed version of MS Office 2011 no longer works

The license of Office 2011 can be moved to another computer, if the old computer still has the Office installed.

Where is the old Mac, still got Office 2011 installed at the moment? Working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still have the laptop and it's still working fine.

Cool. Then two remote sessions are required to retrieve the license from old Mac and apply it to the new Mac. I may offer you 25 % off for each session as we need to do it together. If you agree, I will send the offer. Thanks.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast