Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to recover the data from Windows Live Mail and…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to recover the data from Windows Live Mail and cannot get to a restore point earlier than the date that Avast Cleaner" changed something that keeps WLM from opening.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Windows Live mai is the name of the program. When going to "properties" I cannot find what version it there when I go on general tab. When checking "previous versions, I get the message that no available versions available.

Technician's Assistant: Is your file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

"Stupid me" The files are not saved using cloud to the best of my knowledge. I check all tabs in the properties and could not get a clue to the version

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else other than I will follow whatever steps to save my data Contacts and Calendar, It contains my life work and I am (71) and too old to start over again.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/29/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

What exactly happens when you try to open WLM now, please? Does it show any error or message?