Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to print mailing labels from an excel worksheet…

Customer Question
Hello, i am trying...

Hello, i am trying to print mailing labels from an excel worksheet and i get error message "there is not enough memory or disk space to convert this document"

Technician's Assistant: Is your Excel file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

I saved it to a flash drive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I have attempted to do this on my Mac, and my Macbook Air laptop, and still get same message

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/28/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

This usually occurs when there is not enough RAM available. Can you try restarting the computer and ONLY open excel and try it again? Let me know the results please

Its a mail merge from Word, so only open Word?

Yes please

Still get the same error message

Okay. What version of Word is installed on the computer? Also, what computer are you using and what operating system?

Word 2011 and Mac OSX Yosemite

Thank you. One moment while I check something

Follow these steps to reset Office and let me know the results:

1. Quit all programs.
  2. On the Go menu, click Home > Library. If you have OS X 10.7 (Lion) or above, click Go, hold down the OPTION key and choose Library.
  3. Open the Preferences folder and drag com.microsoft.Word.plist to the desktop. If you can't find the file, continue to the next step.
  4. Now, open the Microsoft folder (in Preferences), and drag com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist to the desktop.
    Note If you have Service Pack 2 installed, open Application Support > Microsoft instead of Preferences > Microsoft.
  5. Start Word. Do you see the error?
    • No. Quit Word, and drag one of the files back to its default location and test again. If the error re-appears, the file you just dragged back is corrupt. Move it to the Trash. If there's still no error, drag the other file from your desktop to the Trash. Congratulations, this solved the problem.
    • Yes. Quit Word, and restore both files to their original location. Go to the next step.
  6. Quit all programs.
  7. On the Go menu, click Home > Library. If you have OS X 10.7 (Lion) or above, click Go, hold down the OPTION key and choose Library.
  8. Open the Application Support folder, then the Microsoft folder, then the Office folder, and then the User Templates folder.
What is a Go menu?

Sorry, Home menu. Where you get to Library at

ok
there are 2 other files with plist extensions followed by ABITIvF and wJXsyAa...could these be corrupt files?

Could be. Do you want to try removing those

guess so... just delete?

Yes

that didn't work either

Okay. one moment. I may need to have another expert take a look at this.

ok... it just seems weird that i get the same error message on 2 different devices
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Did you

(1) try using the wizard from Word to build up the Mail Merge?

(2) try using a different Excel workbook make sure it is not a Excel specific issue?

Thanks.

Ok, will try
I did..., no luck contacting Microsoft now.