Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I recover a read only document that I had typed in.

Customer Question
How do I recover...

How do I recover a read only document that I had typed in

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It was a word document - showed compatible view only

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Windows 10 -

Technician's Assistant: What can I say?

Not sure what information you re looking for

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word document saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No, I thought I had saved it to my ordinary documents file

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks, ***** ***** that is it for now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you save before closing the document? Or did it ask you to save when you closed the document?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,