Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Word 2016, Windows 10. Suddenly today, double-clicking on…

Customer Question
Word 2016, Windows 10...

Word 2016, Windows 10. Suddenly today, double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer will not open the file; nothing happens. I can, of course, open Word first, then look for the file.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Same symptom on .doc and .docx. Any ideas? /CraigMW

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

Last opens were yesterday, no worries. No recent changes to software nor Windows versions.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not much else to say.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/26/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist replied 6 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Is this a word file you are trying to open?