Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

When I open Word, I get the following notice on my desktop…

Customer Question
When I open Word...

When I open Word, I get the following notice on my desktop screen: "You are opening the application 'Microsoft AU Daemon for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this application?" I don't what this is, what it does, or how I get rid of it?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Microsoft software?

An hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes to Apple OS10.13.2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. Why do I need Microsoft Office 365 when Microsoft keep updating Microsoft Office 11?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/23/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

The prompt is related to the Microsoft AutoUpdate Daemon - it runs on a schedule and basically just checks for updates to Office programs. So you may just allow it to open/run the next time it comes up (instead of cancelling), and it will not show up the next time after that.

And, you do not need to sign up for Office 365 if you already have Office 2011 instead - Microsoft keeps trying to push this version (which comes with a subscription) to their users but you may simply ignore any prompts that show up about the same.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,