Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I'm trying to create a formula in excel 2010 that can look…

Customer Question
Hi I'm trying to...

Hi I'm trying to create a formula in excel 2010 that can look into several columns and produce a count based on duplicate data moving over the the next column is it's with the search criteria and then the next one until it reaches the date range and if the data is within the date range then the formula should produce a count.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

An ex. I want the formula to check in column 1 and if the data says "Medical" then proceed to column 6 if the data says "Clinical" then proceed to column 8 and search with a date a of 12/01/17 to 12/30/17 and then produce a count based on that range.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Its what we can work with so 2010 is all we have but the program was updated about 2 months ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/21/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

This sounds like you're looking to use what's call a "If Then" conditional formula. Can you give me a few more details as simple as possible so I can help assess this for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok so I have many columns with a huge data array I am looking into a column that has say column 1 it contains over 1000 names but it's limited to medical, non medical and administrative. In that column it has nothing but that data duplicated now I need to search the spreadsheet for medical for example then check in column 6 if within that rows has the data of surgery and then move on to the next column that follows that row and check if it's within a date range to then count it as one line that was truly medical.

I think I know what you're talking about. I'm drawing a blank on how to put this together at the moment. Let me open this up to other experts and I'll return in a few hours if no one has picked it up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 1 month ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

if you could send an example file, I think this could be achieved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot the information is highly sensitive. I'm sorry but I found the answer on my own.
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can you please create a new workbook and manual indicate what you want to see in the cells using human language, not fomula, then upload the file here and let me figure out the formulas.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already figured it out thank you.
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast