Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I did not download office 365 and it has corrupted my old…

Customer Question
I did not download...

I did not download office 365 and it has corrupted my old system. It won't accept my apple id and my system is useless.I can;' save anything

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

10.11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Several days. I was forced to proceed with the trial but i don't want it. Attempted to activate but denies my applied

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just get rid of it please

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/21/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> It won't accept my apple id and my system is useless.

Do you mean you are NOT using this Mac reading this message?

No
Only my ms programs
Sorry, I got a bit confused. Is your Mac still bootable? Are you able to run other non-MS programs such as Safari, TextEdit or Mail without any issues on the Mac?
My mac is ok. It is only my ms office set that is not working. I can't save anything, and I can't activate the trial to cancel
That means your Mac is NOT useless, hehe.
Have you actually purchased your Office 365 subscription? Are you able to log on at office.com using your Microsoft ID?
No. I don't have a ms id. only my apple id
Are you able to access the messages from the email addresses that has been used as Apple ID?
If you don't have any Microsoft accout and didn't purchase Office 365, what's your requirement now? To competely remove Offcie 365?
please. I can do email. It is only my excel 2007 that is contaminated by this software. i haven't tried any other office programs so as not to do any damage. If you can remove 365 I would really appreciate it.
Ps . Can't find 365 on my system
Okay. I am more than happy to help you but it needs to be done via remote session. Please request Remote Assistance Service from your side at additional $39 USD. Once I have accepted your request, we can start working on it.
Sorry. that is not possible My pension does not allow for more expense. why did this excel trial appear anyway, I didn't ask for it and I could not proceed with my spreadsheets unless I agreed to the trial.
I will re install my office 2007.
I guess you mean Offcie 2008 for Mac, not Office 2007 (which is only available on Windows computers).As you are on pension, I can give your my best rate at 50% off for the remote session, to completely remove Offcie 365 PLUS installing Office 2008 PLUS phone call.
Sorry. Yes 2008 it is,. thanks for your help and I will try a reload. A merry Christmas to you and your family. ***** *****
FYI - Office 2008 automatic activation is no longer supported by Microsoft, I guess you probably need to activate the product over the phone. Plus Offcie 364 has not been completely removed, I speculate it could cause trouble when an old version of Office is simply installed and to overwrite the system settings.As an Australian, frankly, I don't want to see more mess on your computer.
Thanks..
BTW, do you still have the original CD Key or Product Key of your Office 2008 for Mac? If you don't have it, please don't simply reinstall as it will remove your exisiting license file on the disk (if it is still not damaged by Office 365).If you don't have the original product key and don't have the license backup (I may help you recover it from exisiting system settings), you can't activate Office 2008 even it is installed.
I HAVE IT
Great. Let's seee if it can be activated the product after a simple reinstallation...
I have done that and everything is OK. Thanks for you time. AS I fixed the problem myself could I have a refund of my $66.00?
I know you tried but we really got no where and the original payment was a mistake. I was told by ms that they would refund my $5 fee that is why I progressed with my query. When I saw the $66.00 I thought it was a mistake and tried to cancel the payment. I hope we can reach some agreement. kevin

I am a technician here, not a billing person, so I have no access to your payment history and no idea about your cost. Sorry, please consult JustAnswer Customer Services for details.

> AS I fixed the problem myself

All your old Office 2008 programs are working well now, including Excel 2008?