Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I wish to transfer information written in Microsoft Word…

Customer Question
I wish to transfer...

I wish to transfer information written in Microsoft Word from my computer to my ipad. I have installed Word in the ipad. How do I transfer the written information?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Over a year, but it has been working well in windows 8.2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

On my computer, everything--including three books still in progress. I wish to continue writing them while away from home for the next month.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

On the computer, you may simply attach the saved documents to an email and send it to your own email address.

Next, open up your emails on the iPad and then download and open the attached documents using Word itself.

Does this work for you? Do keep me posted below; thank you.

Can an email attachment be hundreds of pages long?

PS: Please ignore and do not accept any offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. Typing up further info now.

Email providers usually have an attachment limit of 20-25 MB so if your document size is less than that, you will be able to attach and send them, one after the other, by email. Alternatively, you can use any one of several online file-sharing services to upload the documents from the computer, and then open and download from the iPad itself. Here are a few I would recommend:

http://drive.google.com

http://onedrive.live.com

Do let me know if you would like detailed instructions on doing this and I'll continue to assist further. Thank you,

Note:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist