Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am having problems copy/paste large amounts of information…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems copy/paste large amounts of information into bothj Excel and Word from a website on the internet. This has been happening for several months. I used to be able to copy/paste any size to both Excel and Word. Don't know what to do to fix it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

I don't know how to update Excel.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

It's both Excel and Word.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/19/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? or a Mac?
  2. What exactly is happening when you try to copy and paste?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I get the same message when I try to copy/paste into Word.

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c1f60030-297e-4d77-a27b-031ce41ed6fe

Best regards,
Jess

I don't have an expert private contact. I don't know what you mean.

I already sent the procedures for you to join me in the remote session. Please follow the procedures.

I don't see any procedures. Where are they?

We are connected.

Thank you

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. You need to paste data as TEXT to prevent Excel 2003 from freezing. Word is already fixed.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess