Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My computer died and I had to get another one and now need…

Customer Question
Hi -- my...

Hi -- my computer died and I had to get another one and now need to reload Microsoft Office 2016 back on to my computer. I have an account with Microsoft. As a short term fix I loaded the 30 free trial but now would like to reload the software I purchased at the end of Oct and cancel the free trial. Can you help figure out how to do this?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Do you mean Windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have not -- I just got the computer working today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

You mentioned that you have a Microsoft account. Is that the account that you used to register the software with?

You seem to be away from your computer so I will leave some instructions for you.

To install Office please follow these steps:

1. Go to www.office.com.

2. Click the Sign In button and sign in with account that you used when you registered Office upon purchase.

3. Click the Install Office button in the upper right and then click the Install button on the next page.

That should do it for you! Just let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: Please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Still with me? Did you have any further questions on this?

If so, you can reply below.

Otherwise, please remember to rate the answer at the top of the page for me to close out our session for today.