Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Yesterday I thought I was working with a Micro Tech because…

Customer Question
Yesterday I thought I...

Yesterday I thought I was working with a Micro Tech because I could not open my e-mails with Outlook Express. My brother-in-law said"are you sure it was with a Microsoft tech." Everything seems o.k. and I printed out a toll free number but I want you to check that number.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

No error messages. I think Microsoft cleaned out my computer. The toll free number was 1-***-***-****. Merchants name: PES*ADTCSEVE

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Outlook?

No problem to open OUTLOOK EXPRESS.-. The e-mail address to reach for help is: ***@******.*** All I want to know is this o.k.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The number is ***** a fake company. This person was not working for Microsoft and Microsoft would never call you for no reason.
This is what is known as "phone phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.
Basically what they will do is call a lot of phone numbers and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.
Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call you. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any tech support person calls you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

As I said no legitimate tech support company would ever call you, you would reach out to a tech professional if you needed help like you did just now with me.
Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist