Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am busy with my Thesis, when I copy from a book, or file…

Customer Question
I am busy with...

I am busy with my Thesis, when I copy from a book, or file into word, I usually "clear all formatting". Yet mid sentence the wording continues on new line, and I cannot find a way to remove the spacing.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Microsoft for Mac

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Word?

Yesterday

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Pg 14
Any update? no Answer?
12/18/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello, this is Bing to help here. Reviewing the document. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks. I'm copy and paste from Questa, a scholarly program, and it's doing the same thing with every portion of paragraph pasted into Word
Is there no other way?
It is too expensive to have you connect securely. This seems to be a small problem??

> Yet mid sentence the wording continues on new line,

Can you please clarify what the issue is, or be specific by telling which page and which paragraph has such an issue? Thanks.

I have downloaded your paper and didn't notice anything wrong in quick glance.

Or, a remote desktop session can let us quickly identify the issue and fix it.

It is simply too expensive for me to pay for Life Session. On page 14 The 3rd paragraph the sentence ends "servants, and retainers." The next sentence starts with "Black consequently..." If you put cursor before the word "blacks", and press backspace you are joined to previous sentence without space.The moment you press space it automatically jump to next line. The same happens in the sentence "entanglement of semifeudal interactions" with the word "of" Here the same happens between the "o" and the "f". This is just one example, but this happens whenever I copy from (Questa). Usually "clear formatting" removes any formatting, but in this instance it doesn't.Another example is on page 15. Afrikaner colonization of the ZAR left tracts of land in black tribal hands. In such “black areas,” the Pedi, Swazi, Venda, Tswana, and Ndebele continued to live in semiautonomous polities as premodern pastoralists. Afrikaner pastoralists treated some tribes as a subject people from whom they could extract labor tithes and inboekelinge (“apprentices” seized during warfare, bought, or bartered). Between the word Afrikaner & colonization and several other words in this sentence has a 'line break' midword. p-olities, subjec-t, se-ized
Ok, I see, this is a long way, but it works.
Yeah. I am still investigating why that could happen. Will get back to you before long.

Found the ultimate reason and of course as well as the solution, after analysis heaps raw data of your Word file in binary and hexadecimal mode. I would like to offer you a remote session for just $5 USD to demonstrate what's the reason (I need to see your computer to conclude my speculation) and what's the solution (depending on your version of Word).

FYI - $5 extra is minimum charge for any premium services, I can't change it.

Hello, are you still here with me?

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant