Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I opened a Word Document from an email from a client (whom I…

Customer Question
I opened a Word...

I opened a Word Document from an email from a client (whom I trust), and then I edited the document. While I was doing something else, I got a box which said "do you want to save changes to [document name shown on email]" and I clicked "yes." When I tried to re-open the document, my computer says the file is corrupted. Can you help me reopen the "

Technician's Assistant: What device are you using to check your email? Are you using a web browser? Which one?

Compuserve, which is now part of AOL

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Do you experience this with other devices as well, or with different web browsers?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/18/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> When I tried to re-open the document, my computer says the file is corrupted.

Did you try re-download the original file from your email and see if there is any difference?

> Can you help me reopen the ...

You can either upload the file to here for review or request a remote assistance service so we can work on your computer directly to do troubleshooting things.