Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am having a problem with downloading from one drive to my…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a problem with downloading from one drive to my tablet. Word reports that it needs an internet connection to complete the action. It is connected to the internet and downloads the file to a readable file but will not download into word.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Android device?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else that might help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/18/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> it needs an internet connection to complete the action.

Can you first try using another Internet connection to test? Say, if you are at home using your broadband Internet connection, try using your mobile (with Wi-Fi off) as a hotspot to access the same OneDrive resource. This is to determine if your issue is network/provider specific. Thanks.

Just tried that and it worked without problem. I have no idea why it won't work on our NBN connection.
No thank you.
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago

Hello, I am wondering if you still need help here. Please advise. Thanks.

I have spoken with my service provider. Since it works correctly with the hotspot, it appears to be a problem with the wifi router they provided, they are looking into it. So, thank you for your help but I don't think you can help me any further. Thank you, ***** *****.

Thanks for your update. That means my speculation was correct. Thanks for using JustAnswer.