Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have accidentally downloaded the new Word programme

Customer Question
I have accidentally downloaded...

I have accidentally downloaded the new Word programme thinking it was a normal update. I don't want it and now I cannot use any document on my computer or start a new one. I need help !!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Where do i find the answer to your question?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update your Word?

Two days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you using Word on a Windows or Mac computer?

on a mac

OK, Microsoft released an update recently that rendered Office 2008 unusable on Mac computers; is that the version you were using as well?

i am not happy with this. I wanted to speak to a Microsoft agent not a private technician. Please refund my $5 and I will try to connect with the person I am after.

Will do.