Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have Windows 8 -- now when I try to open my documents, I…

Customer Question
I have Windows 8...

I have Windows 8 -- now when I try to open my documents, I get a note that the document is locked for editing by another user. There is no one in my home that uses my computer. This is a new problem this week. Help.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Microsoft Word - I don't know the version

Technician's Assistant: When you right-click your Word file, do you get the option to "Restore previous versions"?

Let me try. I am getting all kinds of notices - not a path, Microsoft cannot open. Nothing happens when I right click.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No -- just want to figure this out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Word. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I can tell you how to resolve the edit issue, but if you are having that many issues with your Word?

Either the Word is having issues as a whole or your pc is.

Open up your word. choose help, and then 'about' at the top of word to get the version you are on.