Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I was reinstalling Microsoft office 2016 but it stalled and…

Customer Question
I was reinstalling Microsoft...

I was reinstalling Microsoft office 2016 but it stalled and I was sent to Microsoft but my password ***** not work. I cannot even get my emails as office was uninstalled but it quit before reinstall.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet is fine, and I do not have Outlook as it was uninstalled. How do I get to Microsoft.com as my password ***** not work. And, I was sent to my corporate Office but that does not help me with my personal account.

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I have Nortons, but that doesn't usually block my email. My email has been very slow and freezes so I was going to reinstall as the repair did not improve it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

To reset your password ***** go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

select I forgot my password ***** click Next

Enter your email address and fill in the characters and click Next.

Select a recovery option.

A 7 digit password ***** will be sent to you either via text message, email or phone call depending on
your available recovery options.

Fill in any required information and click Send Code.

The page will immediately change, asking you for the code. Do not close that page.

Enter the code when you receive it (you will have 10 minutes before the code expires)

and click Next.

You will then be asked to create a new password, entering it twice.

If successful, you will be told your account has been recovered.

You will now be able to sign in to Microsoft.

Let me know the result please.