Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I hav MSWord 2008 From Mac Office 2008. I cannot get to it…

Customer Question
I hav MSWord 2008...

I hav MSWord 2008 From Mac Office 2008. I cannot get to it because I am being asked for activation that I can't give. Here is my license key: KTB9H-VJR9X-MYGCB-J4BG8-X2RH3

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Just now. I did the latest update and bam I can't get into Word. I have just sent a 100,000 word MS to a publisher and now I can't get to my own files

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the box with the key and CD with me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/16/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Which Mac OS are you using now?

Are you unable to edit any files due to this activation prompt, or does Word simply not open up now?

I can only open my files on MSWord 2008, but I cannot activate Office. I have had the program since 2006 or so. And I have the requisite CD and Keys

I see; a recent Mac update caused this to break, so Office 2008 is no longer compatible for use. I can set up a newer version of Office for you via remote and you will not need to purchase it either. Do let me know,

I can only open my files on MSWord 2008, but I cannot activate Office. I have had the program since 2006 or so. And I have the requisite CD and KeysThat would be acceptable.
When will this occur?

OK, please open up the following link on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/893635244
Follow the on-screen prompts to download and open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

When will this occur?Currently I see a DL on my Safari browser of 1.11 GB and a .dmg file in my Download folder. I am trying to Quit the current program. It is now installing.
When will this occur?Currently I see a DL on my Safari browser of 1.11 GB and a .dmg file in my Download folder. I am trying to Quit the current program. It is now installing. I says it's gonna take about 10 minutes. What version of Office is this?

Hmm, that's a different file and not our remote file. Did you open up this link:

www.fastsupport.com/893635244

If so, did it download a "GoToAssist Opener" file? That's our remote file, you may cancel the other file download.

When will this occur?Currently I see a DL on my Safari browser of 1.11 GB and a .dmg file in my Download folder. I am trying to Quit the current program. It is now installing. I says it's gonna take about 10 minutes. What version of Office is this?I now says it's installed.

That's a different file and not our remote file. Did you open up this link:

www.fastsupport.com/893635244

If so, did it download a "GoToAssist Opener" file? That's our remote file that you need to open/run now.

When will this occur?Currently I see a DL on my Safari browser of 1.11 GB and a .dmg file in my Download folder. I am trying to Quit the current program. It is now installing. I says it's gonna take about 10 minutes. What version of Office is this?I now says it's installed.Will the key for Office 2008 still be valid?

Are you getting my replies on this page now? I have sent the same reply three times now.

When will this occur?Currently I see a DL on my Safari browser of 1.11 GB and a .dmg file in my Download folder. I am trying to Quit the current program. It is now installing. I says it's gonna take about 10 minutes. What version of Office is this?I now says it's installed.Will the key for Office 2008 still be valid?The program opened, but it is still saying that I have to activate it.

Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Because your Office 2008 was activated on another computer, it is now allowed to run two copies at the same time. You have to stop using the previous copy and maually activate this copy over phone.

34;over the phone"? And what number would I have to call to do this? Phone numbers connected to real live persons are hard to come by these days.

Yes. I have to remotely connect to your Mac computer to get the required info including the phone number.

The phone number is ***** a Microsoft automated answering system dedicated for manually activating products.

Getting late here in the East. I am very skittish about anyone outside of Apple connecting to my machine. I can give you any data you require system listings About This MAC.
Getting late here in the East. I am very skittish about anyone outside of Apple connecting to my machine. I can give you any data you require system listings About This Mac.

Okay. We may work on it later. once you are available again.

Thanks G’nite.

Do you still need help here?

Anyway, as you don't prefer a remote session, I hereby give you a link to introduce Office 2008 activation from the other users' experience.

http://www.officeformachelp.com/2012/12/office-for-mac-install-activate-and-register/

Please also upload a screenshot about the Office 2008's activation page, so I can determine if you need to activate via phone.

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant